PDA

View Full Version : Mugen Si~

Mugen Si
02-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Sup Team Hybrid, Name's Mark, i'm new to import tunning but i'm interested in finding the right group to help me get to where i want my car to be.

Like the Tittle mentioned, currently driving the new Si Mugen by Honda (Duh:rolleyes:), got it the second day it arrived at the dealership. I'm thinking of getting it set up for track Spec and 330hp on the wheels maybe push it to 450+hp later, Then take it out for a spin on the track.

Christina thought i should drop you guys a line.

:D

MisterMR
02-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Sup Team Hybrid, Name's Mark, i'm new to import tunning but i'm interested in finding the right group to help me get to where i want my car to be.

Like the Tittle mentioned, currently driving the new Si Mugen by Honda (Duh:rolleyes:), got it the second day it arrived at the dealership. I'm thinking of getting it set up for track Spec and 330hp on the wheels maybe push it to 450+hp later, Then take it out for a spin on the track.

Christina thought i should drop you guys a line.

:D
pics? any current mods? plan and time to take car up to 440hp mark?

Mazda_At_Heart
02-19-2008, 06:00 PM
put pics of ur car... shes sexy....

Tim
02-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Welcome to our forums.

When you have a moment, please submit a proposal to hybridinfo@gmail.com

Information on what your proposal should consist of can be found here.

www.teamhybrid.com/joinus.html

Mugen Si
02-19-2008, 06:06 PM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff133/z0diak08/DSCN0598.jpg

Atm i was thinking of the Greddy Bolt on Turbo Kit for the 2005 Si Model and start off with 265 or so hp on the engine and tune it from there. Hope the pic of the car pops up.

Oh and Mods, atm None, i really just want to work under the hood and leave the outside stock, cause i don't think i can get the car any more JDM if the jap Model is exactly the same except its right hand drive, and don't even mention the RR cause lol thats tuned to Mugen spec which is.... 240hp i think?

Scotty
02-19-2008, 06:09 PM
Then take it out for a spin on the track.

a drag stip or an actual track?

U don't need 450whp or even 330 on a track. U need good suspension and skillz.

Mazda_At_Heart
02-19-2008, 06:09 PM
omg sexy sexy, hey did you ever fix that rear defuser? lmao

Mugen Si
02-19-2008, 06:14 PM
a drag stip or an actual track?

U don't need 450whp or even 330 on a track. U need good suspension and skillz.

Actual track, just want the extra power to take on lets say Current Evo and STI out on the street but not much on street racing, really don't feel like letting the Police take this car away from me.

And Christina the Diffuser still not there, I'll fix it.... when i feel like it, Insurrance company and I are having a lil' chat about what actually happened to it.

Oh and about the Suspension, the Mugen Si Has a pretty good one its umm... Pretty awesome really i don't know how else to rate it.

Mazda_At_Heart
02-19-2008, 06:17 PM
And Christina the Diffuser still not there, I'll fix it.... when i feel like it, Insurrance company and I are having a lil' chat about what actually happened to it.

So what Actually happened? Huh? do tell? lmao... and using me as an excuse doesnt count....:D

Scotty
02-19-2008, 06:25 PM
Actual track, just want the extra power to take on lets say Current Evo and STI out on the street but not much on street racing, really don't feel like letting the Police take this car away from me.

Oh and about the Suspension, the Mugen Si Has a pretty good one its umm... Pretty awesome really i don't know how else to rate it.

you don't need that power to beat an STI or EVO. Just skill. concentrate on your suspension. I've seen stock ITR's kill lambos, supras, nsx, soobys, at the track.

Mugen Si
02-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Alright i guess people will wonder what we are talking about here.

It was a friday evening, It rained all day long and all through the night, wanted to test the Limitation of the car. Then i thought, why not try and hydroplane the car at 80+mph on the freeway.

Late nite i say about 2am freeway clear puddle everywhere, the car handled as advertised and then i saw this Black Glaze about half a mile ahead, took the car to 94mph before hitting it at the carpool lane, as i got closer i noticed something was sticking out the water, didnt have time to move out of it so punched through it.

My whole Windshield was covered with water like someone took a 5 Gallon bucket of water and splashed it over my windshield. the lights from the opposite freeway went from Left to Right side of my dash and i knew that i was doing to hit the wall. Down Shifted from 6th to 3rd gear since i lost alot of power from impact of the puddle that felt like a lake. and turned the wheel all the way right...

Got out of the mess, no dmg to the front part of the car not on the side or rear as i checked it when i pulled over. I knew i hit something but didn't see any vissible damage from where i looked. Got home safely, then the next day at work my co-worker pointed out that my left rear Diffuser was missing, then i knew that i did hit something. So thats the story on that.

Mugen Si
02-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Cool, thanks for the advice Tim, then i guess i'll shift around and see what else can be done to the suspension then work on my driving skills.

MisterMR
02-19-2008, 06:35 PM
you don't need that power to beat an STI or EVO. Just skill. concentrate on your suspension. I've seen stock ITR's kill lambos, supras, nsx, soobys, at the track.

Cool, thanks for the advice Tim, then i guess i'll shift around and see what else can be done to the suspension then work on my driving skills.
?:confused::confused::confused::confused:?

thats not tim thats scott

Mugen Si
02-19-2008, 06:36 PM
lol oops sorry was txting christina and a name pop up. beena long day really traffic from Carson down to Lax so minds frizzy. sorry Tim and Hi Scott

phatpinoyboy
02-19-2008, 06:38 PM
i can attest to losing to a few BONE STOCK ITR's in my slightly modded old toyota.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/phatpinoyboy/etcpics/skill.jpg

Mazda_At_Heart
02-19-2008, 06:54 PM
^ and ben has them... he went to school for that shit... woo hoo lucky ass...

Tim
02-19-2008, 06:57 PM
np... Im the guy that gave you advice on AIM :D

phatpinoyboy
02-19-2008, 06:58 PM
np... Im the guy that gave you the claps

yup. yes you are.

Robert
02-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Why would u speed up when you see a massive body of water?...

MisterMR
02-19-2008, 09:21 PM
its what people with big balls do... its a curse... we get a bit testy if you know what i mean...well of course you know what i mean your no stranger to my testy ;)

Chapman
02-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Welcome to the forums Mark.

REVO-X
02-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Welcome!.....
nice Si
i saw one at a dealer couple weeks ago its a nice azz car.......

Mugen Si
02-20-2008, 12:25 AM
Thanks, Christina Invited me to the meet this comming weekend, i'll sure come and bring the Si.

Oh and, yeah what he said, Testy to see what the car can do under certain situation. I did want to see the limits of the car and even if i crash it then i know in the future i wont do that again >.>
"damn the Turpedos! Full Speed ahead!" its what i think about half the time when im in trouble on the road.

Em
02-20-2008, 12:31 AM
welcome welcome, thats a nice ride you have.

in regards to your plans to modify your car...I would recommend to keep the mugen si stock for a little while longer and test the limits of the stock car while building up skill and then you will be able to determine where you car and your skill is lacking and then make the proper modifications to improve/rectify it. The main thing is to learn how to use your brakes and how to refine your hand-eye coordination while in the civic. The car is pretty much track ready so I would say, keep on practicing in its stock form until you realize that you're ready to mess around with the car's factory balance.

looking forward to meeting you and your ride at the next meet. until then, stay away from hydroplaning your car haha...its never a good idea unless if u have awd =P

Hustler_Alex
02-20-2008, 12:31 AM
power is really important for track,but suspension is main key point

Em
02-20-2008, 12:33 AM
I say the order of importance for racing on a track (considering all other things being equal): 1. Tires, 2. Brakes, 3. Suspension, then 4. power.

FairladyZ33
02-20-2008, 12:37 AM
Hi hows it going. my name is Phong and was on a different name a month ago as NismoAE070 if anyone still remember me =]

im Marks friend here to show some support for him if he does choose to join Team Hybrid.

& the car does have a Mugen track suspension already so he is set... i mean all he has to do is hit the track and continue to shave his time till he cant anymore and then do the tweaks...

and about that hydroplanning... ya... i was riding shotgun... i totalled my Z a few weeks before he did that.. i was still traumatized about that... so he did gave me a scare...lol...

if you wanna drift a FF car... find a big puddle.. lol..

Mugen Si
02-20-2008, 12:38 AM
Oh trust me i'm done figuring out the cars limitation in wet weathers, now i just need track time, and work on the driving skills. yup stoke about the meet and greet can't wait guess i'll call the dealership and order the parts to get the minor dmg fix @.@ oh and thanks for the tips so far, sounds like a good bunch of folks to sit around and chat about the car so i have a clear well advice ideas on where to take the car and how to improve my driving skills. greatly appreciate it

phatpinoyboy
02-20-2008, 07:48 AM
if youre on any forums, try and catch their organized auto-x meets or track days. its cheaper that way.
and its supposed to rain this whole week, so be careful :p

coredump
02-20-2008, 09:53 AM
Since I have a RSX (very similar platform with your Mugen Si), I think I can speak with decent authority. If you road race, anything past 300 whp is unuseable. If you drag, I guess you can use any amount of power your car can put down but frankly the Mugen Si isn't designed for drag. Stock Honda LSD won't be able to take much abuse (aka launching) above 250 whp. Your gearing is too short for boost, etc...

coredump
02-20-2008, 09:58 AM
As much as I'm a JDM whore, the Greddy kits for K series motors are at mediocre quality. A few RSX's have caught fire because of leaking Greddy lines, the turbo manifold is ghetto quality, etc...

Even with my JDM Ego, I think the best turbo kit is Full Race's. Yeah, you shouldn't get some Stage 14 for road racing, but you can build a custom Full Race setup with a small turbo (minimal lag) and custom an ARC/HKS/Greddy radiator on it for the JDM bling.

Anyways, if you should have any questions regarding K series stuff, hit me up.

Robert
02-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Why not a Mugen Supercharger? Supa sexy.

FairladyZ33
02-20-2008, 11:08 AM
cuz this guy wants to set off the BoV every chance he gets lol...

phatpinoyboy
02-20-2008, 12:03 PM
boost is beautiful

coredump
02-20-2008, 12:29 PM
sometimes i wish i went boost. however, the engineers who built hondas didn't really believe in boost. most of the gangster hondas in japan (asm s2000, cwest s2000, j's racing, etc...) aren't boosted. the point of vtec was to maximize n/a efficiency out of a small motor not ramming air into a big block motor. so yeah.

IS300eR
02-20-2008, 01:53 PM
1. Tires

"faster dammit faster, no brakes, gogogo!!!" lmao.

Em
02-20-2008, 02:14 PM
"faster dammit faster, no brakes, gogogo!!!" lmao.

hahah "stomp on the brakes and use them u pussy! I wanna feel it in my seat belt!" =P

anyways, take my advice..dont listen to the rest of these clowns hahah jp jp no seriously lol carefully consider what i posted in the last page =)

phatpinoyboy
02-20-2008, 03:52 PM
hahah "stomp on the brakes and use them u pussy! I wanna feel it in my seat belt!" =P

LMAO i remember that

Em
02-20-2008, 04:59 PM
LMAO i remember that

=D quality education at skip barber haha

Mazda_At_Heart
02-20-2008, 05:52 PM
^ i wanna go to skip barber. it would be hot if a girl did that...

justinf
02-20-2008, 06:13 PM
I was at the honda dealership gettin my si serviced and i went in the showroom and they had a mugen si there. its very nice dont get me wrong very very nice. but the dealership was askin 40 grand! i mean 40 grand for a civic. i would sell the mugen for like 32 and buy like an 03 evo for like 20 gs and put 12 gs into the car make it a beast! but anyways whatever u decide to do its ur car and its a nice car dont get me wrong

Scotty
02-20-2008, 06:28 PM
I was at the honda dealership gettin my si serviced and i went in the showroom and they had a mugen si there. its very nice dont get me wrong very very nice. but the dealership was askin 40 grand! i mean 40 grand for a civic. i would sell the mugen for like 32 and buy like an 03 evo for like 20 gs and put 12 gs into the car make it a beast! but anyways whatever u decide to do its ur car and its a nice car dont get me wrong
40G's whoa. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!

Give me a break. I'd rather have a G37 for that money, or a used NSX or Supra, or M3, and used the extra 5G's to buy rims.

Scotty
02-20-2008, 06:29 PM

Don't worry, I'm sure Debbie and Dora will get the opportunity.

Mazda_At_Heart
02-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Don't worry, I'm sure Debbie and Dora will get the opportunity.

ouch!!!! stab stab in the side.... lol

Scotty
02-20-2008, 08:01 PM
ouch!!!! stab stab in the side.... lol

:D haha

Em
02-20-2008, 10:26 PM

yeah i only saw like 1 or two females present that day, but i'm sure there are always a few each session...and yes its quite hot when a girl knows how to drive =)

anyways, for 40k i'd still get the Mugen Si and leave it bone stock dizzle heheh..or actually make it look closer to the japanese RR =)

besides, u get a civic si and put mugen mods on it...u'll reach close to 40k in total neways..why not get a factory finished/balanced with racing technology fitted for seamless performance? But yeah a G37 is very nice...to each his own...but I gotta say, that mugen si is going to be VERY rare and thus, sexified =)

HachiPower
02-20-2008, 11:11 PM
hey welcome to the forum! :D

Mugen Si
02-21-2008, 12:04 AM
thanks Em, Finaly someone who appreciate the car as much as i do. If i go through the deal again, i'd take home my si for 32k and not really think about it again.

Mazda_At_Heart
02-21-2008, 05:04 PM
wtf? mark didnt i tell you the same. ass clown....lol even when i seen her for the first time omg...

chargespeed impreza
02-21-2008, 05:39 PM
welcome to the forum enjoy your stay

d0ugch0i
02-21-2008, 06:15 PM
yeaa $40k for a honda civic sounds pretty ridiculous. id rather spend it and get an Evo or a M3 :D

Em
02-21-2008, 06:41 PM
the thread is not about whether u would buy the car or not...he's just introducing himself and asking for advice on the sexy car he just bought. I dont get ppl criticizing the choice...its a FREAKING MUGEN SI....how many of them are in the world and how many people are even lucky enough to be in possession of one? sheesh lol

i'd still get the MUGEN Si over a used M3 or an Evo...again referring to the factory quality/fitments and functionality for all its working parts. (if you really know how to drive then this is your dream car) plz dont criticize this beauty until one can actually afford to buy the Mugen Si...:p so please, if i see another comment on how they'd rather buy a used m3 or evo or whatever else...save it for when u can actually buy one (not referring just to the last poster but for future posts).:cool:

done and done...and i can't wait to see that mugen si up close *droool

IS300eR
02-21-2008, 06:46 PM
plz dont criticize this beauty until one can actually afford to buy the Mugen Si...:p so please, if i see another comment on how they'd rather buy a used m3 or evo or whatever else...save it for when u can actually buy one

buy my is350, it's cheaper. lmao.

Em
02-21-2008, 06:52 PM
buy my is350, it's cheaper. lmao.

ur selling it???

Hybrid CL9
02-21-2008, 06:52 PM
the thread is not about whether u would buy the car or not...he's just introducing himself and asking for advice on the sexy car he just bought. I dont get ppl criticizing the choice...its a FREAKING MUGEN SI....how many of them are in the world and how many people are even lucky enough to be in possession of one? sheesh lol

i'd still get the MUGEN Si over a used M3 or an Evo...again referring to the factory quality/fitments and functionality for all its working parts. (if you really know how to drive then this is your dream car) plz dont criticize this beauty until one can actually afford to buy the Mugen Si...:p so please, if i see another comment on how they'd rather buy a used m3 or evo or whatever else...save it for when u can actually buy one (not referring just to the last poster but for future posts).:cool:

done and done...and i can't wait to see that mugen si up close *droool

:bowdown: +1 good one Em, i'd like to see the car also!!!